Welcome to the gritty open world of DayZ, hit by a new and presently unknown infection which has wiped out most of the world's population. You are one of the few who have survived and now you must search this new wasteland in order to fight for your life against what is left of the indigenous population now infected with the disease. Go solo, team up with friends or take on the world as you choose your path in this brutal and chilling landscape using whatever means you stumble upon to survive.
This is DayZ, this is your story.
DayZ is a gritty, authentic, open-world survival horror hybrid-MMO game, in which players follow a single goal: to survive in the harsh post-apocalyptic landscape as long as they can. Players can live through powerful events and emotions arising from the ever-evolving emergent gameplay. There are no superficial helpers, or waypoints, no built in tutorial or support given to players. Every decision matters, every mistake can be lethal. There are no save games, no lives. If you fail, you lose it all and you need to play again from the beginning with nothing but your wits, and your two hands. Fight the hostile environment, where every other player can be friend or foe and nothing can be taken for granted.
KEY FEATURES IN ALPHA
- Chernarus - 230 sq. km chunk of post soviet state, featuring deep forests, cities, villages, abandoned military bases, and more..
- Up to 40 players per server
- Persistent player profile - Key player data is persistent across all servers.
- Inventory – Combine various clothing items, equipment and carry all of the items that you will need to survive the harsh new environment in the open and intuitive inventory system developed to answer the needs of crafting and character customization.
- Crafting - In the apocalyptic world of DAYZ, resources are sparse and every useful bit should be utilized. Items or equipment can be improved, turned into something else or fixed using the new crafting mechanisms.
- Weapon customization – Use customizable firearms with authentic ballistics and weapon characteristics as well as melee weapons to protect yourself against all the dangers a survivor may face.
- Customizable clothing – Customize your survivor with a multitude of new clothing items that can be scavenged from the remnants of civilization, which provide various degree of protection against the elements, infected, and other survivors.
DayZ is currently in early alpha and we see a lot of work ahead of us in order to make it the true authentic multiplayer experience we want it to be. Current version is including only small subset of game mechanics and serves mostly as test bed with core technology that should serve as basis for future additions and improvements. Currently planned key future features are:
- Playable vehicles
- Wide variety of native animal life
- Player created constructions in the environment
- Extensive interactions with the environment and crafting options
- Streamlined user actions and interface
- Upgraded graphics and physics engine (including ragdoll, etc.)
- Control and animations expanded and improved for fluidity
- Support of user mods
We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as seen fit during development process.
REQUIRES INTERNET CONNECTION AND FREE STEAM ACCOUNT TO ACTIVATE.
Notice: Product offered subject to your acceptance of the Steam Subscriber Agreement ("SSA"). You must activate this product via the Internet by registering for a Steam account and accepting the SSA. Please see http://www.steampowered.com/agreement to view the SSA prior to purchase. If you do not agree with the provisions of the SSA, you should not purchase the game.
|OS: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7 SP1 (Mac OS not supported)||OS: Windows 7 SP1 (Mac OS not supported)|
|Processor: Intel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz||Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 or AMD Phenom II X4 940 or better|
|Memory: 2 GB||Memory: 4 GB|
|Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 4000 with 512 MB VRAM||Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 or AMD Radeon HD 7750 with 1 GB VRAM or better|
|Hard Drive: 10 GB free HDD space||Hard Drive: 14 GB free HDD space|
|* Please note that notebook graphic cards are usually less powerful than their desktop versions listed here. Intel integrated graphic cards and Quadro/FireGL workstation GPUs are not supported. If you are unsure about your graphic card's compatibility, please contact our support prior to purchase.|
Copyright © 2013 Bohemia Interactive. All Rights Reserved. Created by Dean Hall. DAYZ™ and Bohemia Interactive™ are trademarks or registered trade marks of Bohemia Interactive.
DAYZ™ uses BattlEye Anti-Cheat systems on many of its servers. BattlEye global bans are shared with Arma 3 and Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. Copyright © 2004-2014 by BattlEye Innovations. All rights reserved.